Hemp Oil vs. CBD Isolate: The Differences

PURE CBD Leave a Comment

There are quite a few different ways to get your weed these days. The ever-popular smoking method has been around forever. Some researchers believe that smoked marijuana actually predates recorded history in places like China, where even the oldest medical literature mentions its use as an already-established practice.

But modern technology inevitably got its hands on cannabis, and now, in addition to your good old-fashioned joints and bongs, you can get your THC in cookies, brownies, concentrated oils, and prescription pills.

There are a number of reasons for this profusion of different ways to ingest. Recreational users look for the maximum bang for the buck when it comes to smoking or inhaling cannabis vapor; medical patients look to minimize their symptoms while maximizing their quality of life. Users in states without provisions for medical or recreational use have to keep their smoking on the down-low.

Two of the many variants of cannabis-based products are hemp oil and cannabidiol. The terms are often used interchangeably–but they are actually two quite different things.

But first things first: CBD and hemp oil do share a few notable similarities. First of all, neither one is psychoactive. Only cannabis itself actually contains THC, the ingredient that “gets you high” when you smoke marijuana. And CBD, a cannabinoid, is present in hemp oil, as well as in cannabidiol oil.

And here’s where the differences begin to appear: firstly, CBD isolate is–predictably–significantly higher in CBD than simple hemp oil. The difference is stark: less than 1% of hemp oil is CBD; CBD isolate, on the other hand, runs as high as 99% pure cannabidiol. So, if you’re looking to use a product for health purposes, and you’ve read about what CBD can do for you–go for products like the ones at CBDZone.com or CDBPURUS.com; these are legimitate cannabidiol products that contain a large component of actual cannabidiol. Hemp oil will not be nearly as effective in this case, since hemp has a variety of uses including as a textile and as a culinary oil, and products marketed as “hemp oil” may be manufactured for any of hemp’s myriad practical uses.

In other words, the main takeaway here is that hemp oil is not necessarily medicine. While it does have some positive effects for your body, it’s not the kind of medicinal super-substance CBD is rapidly turning out to be. 

Visit our blog at CBD PUR US for more news, information, and interesting facts about Cannabidiol (CBD).

Leave a Reply