Great amounts of research have been performed by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) regarding using cannabis, or marijuana, to treat cancer. The NCI continually finds great healing properties within cannabis that help fight cancer.
The NCI found that the cannabinoids, the class of drug that marijuana is in, kills cancer. It is an astonishing finding that brings great insight to the treatment of cancer. Research has found that cannabis keeps the tumors from growing by stopping cancer cell growth, killing the cancer cells, and blocking blood vessel development, which cancer cells need to grow. In addition to these benefits, cannabis also protects the healthy cells from damage during the process of fighting off the bad cancer cells.
Studies of mice have shown the protection that can be afforded from cannabinoids. Cannabinoids may reduce the growth, number, and spread of tumors in breast cancer patients.
Here are some interesting facts about cannabis and the many benefits it can provide:
- Cannabinoids are the active chemicals in Cannabis, or marijuana, that cause the relaxed state-of-mind;
- Cannabinoids can be taken by mouth, by inhaling, or under the tongue;
- Cannabinoids and cannabis have been studied for their help with common ailments such as nausea and vomiting, anxiety, pain, and appetite loss;
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved two cannabis drugs (dronabinol and nabilone) for the prevention or treatment of the side effects from chemo-therapy of nausea and vomiting;
- Cannabis has been proven in lab testing to kill cancer cells.
Yet despite all this good news related to the many benefits of cannabinoids, there are still great amounts of criticism related to cannabis. Many people still see it as an evil gateway drug. Additionally, the federal government refuses to let go of their patent on cannabinoids as a healing drug. This greatly reduces access to the drug and increases the cost of obtaining it. Not to mention, there are still many side effects that come from using marijuana in its form approved of by the FDA. Maybe one day, with continued lobbying for legalizing cannabis, the federal government will release its patent and allow all to benefit from cannabinoidsâ€™ healing properties.
Brought to you by cbdpurus.com. Visit our blog for more news, information, and interesting facts about Cannabidiol (CBD).